Friday, November 6, 2009

The Rut is Not Over: November 6th, 2009

Some of you dedicated readers have asked me if I am starting to see rut activity slow down in the last week. I hunt in both northern Wisconsin and the Midwest area of Wisconsin so I will give reports for both.

I want to let you know that I hunt the northern part of Wisconsin, about 10 miles north of Rice Lake, and as of this morning, I received a report that there was a 10 point buck pushing does around in an open hay field.

I also hunt in the Midwest portion Wisconsin, 8 miles east of Eau Claire, and as of this morning, the stand that had new scent dropped on it Monday night now has two new rubs, and one new scrape.

With the upcoming weekend being in the 60 degree area, we may see a little slow down. That actually is good news if you can get out Sunday night or Monday. With a small resting period we should see a spike in traffic this coming week.

Good luck and let me know if you have any reports from your area you would like to include.

No comments:

Post a Comment